Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Cannons need fodder

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

The U.S. Army is planning an involuntary mobilization of thousands of reserve troops to maintain adequate force levels in Iraq and Afghanistan, defense officials said on Monday.

The move -- involving the seldom-tapped Individual Ready Reserve -- represents the latest evidence of the strain being placed on the U.S. military, particularly the Army, by operations in those two countries.

My vote for Most Sensitive:

"Sometimes there's a misperception by some of the individuals ... that 'I've done my obligation, I've been in the Army, thank you very much, and I'm done'. But you're not done," the official said.

Translation: We own your butt. Expect to see Canada gain some high-value skills shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home