Saturday, June 26, 2004

Jack Ryan: Creepier than I thought

Okay, so you've all heard that Jack Ryan just dropped out of the Illinois senate race over revelations coming out of his divorce to Jeri Ryan. Well, when I heard the tale, I thought he was merely icky, wanting his wife to 'perform' on him in public. Now I find out that the 'incidents in question' took place after she had become famous as the Borg Babe in a Catsuit.

See this WashPost article for details, including this:

It was in the spring of 1998, while Jeri Ryan was still playing Seven of Nine, that her husband took her to some interesting nightspots. Her version of the story emerged in court documents, released Monday, relating to their 1999 divorce and 2000 custody negotiations.

...

"The clubs in New York and Paris were explicit sex clubs. Respondent had done research. . . . One club I refused to go in. It had mattresses in cubicles. The other club he insisted I go to. . . . It was a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling. Respondent wanted me to have sex with him there, with another couple watching. I refused. Respondent asked me to perform a sexual activity upon him, and he specifically asked other people to watch. I was very upset. We left the club, and Respondent apologized, said that I was right and he would never insist that I go to a club again. He promised it was out of his system.

So it's not exactly a case of 'hey, come on - it's not like anybody here knows us', which, if the partner in question had been willing, I would have been able to say 'oh well, consenting adults'. No, it's a case of 'hey, come on, highly-recognizable actress, do me so everyone will know how hot I am'. Not that I'm saying that these clubs are usually hives of Trekkies or anything, but for an actress on the rise, it certainly doesn't seem to be a great career move (well, depending on 'where' you want your career to go, I guess).

Question for the compu-analysts out there - what are the odds that Jack was having a little bitty issue with his wife's growing fame and wanted to publically re-assert a little manhood on her? Hmmmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home