Thursday, June 08, 2006

♥ ♥ ♥ Fangurling ♥ ♥ ♥

The Prairie Angel was at Olsson's bookstore yesterday to hear her idol, Anderson Cooper, and get her book signed. Plenty of other people had the same idea.

Directly behind me was a lovely woman who remembered the tabloids going wild over the custody case over his mom. "Fortunately there's no gossip about this boy", she said. (I didn't. Say. A word.) The Angel's Eye View:

You'd think an angel could get a better seat, wouldn't you? Signing was in a room off the main bookstore, which we were herded into by number. I remembered my set speech - "you write beautifully and I hope this is only the first of many books" and got it out without stammering, fainting or quavering. I did this by avoiding eye contact until AFTER speaking. Gawd, the eyes...

This is the best photo I could get from the limits of photo-taking (you couldn't photograph in the signing room itself:

And here's a photo thru the glass from outside the store altogether:

Such a beautifully brought up young man - he shook hands with everyone.

Siiigh... so briefly met, so hastily parted, probably never to meet again. The Prairie Angel, her life's objectives met, will now retire to a cloister in France, but don't worry, she'll have wifi.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sheryn said...

The trick was not to look into his eyes!!! You are so right! He is a very well bred man isn't he?

I'm glad you had a wonderful experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home