Saturday, June 26, 2004

Bush in Ireland

AP reporting:

"I will lead and we'll just let the chips fall where they may," Bush said. "As far as my own personal standing goes, my job is to do my job. I'm going to do it the way I think is necessary. I'm going to set a vision," said the president.
Once again, Bush confuses saying he's a leader with leadership, the claim of setting a vision with actually having a vision.

Then later, same article:

In a reference to the prison abuse scandal involving U.S. soldiers in Iraq, Bush said, "I don't like it when the values of our country are misunderstood because of the actions of some people overseas."
ExCUSE me? Some people overseas? Now the troops he sent to Iraq based on a bunch of bald-faced lies are the equivalent of some random mob of ferriners. And while they were parading prisoners around naked and threatening them with dogs, it wasn't anything that hadn't already been pre-approved at the White House. The gall of the man is enormous (or, an alternate theory, he simply doesn't understand how offensive the remarks his handlers are feeding him are).

I personally don't like it when the values of our country are in danger of being conflated with the values of a tiny cadre of diehard true-believer PNACer neo-cons. But you don't see me bitching to the Irish press, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home