Friday, April 22, 2005

Popes and cats

Knight-Rider posts this article, wherein a number of people try to humanize the image of the new pope.

I found this clip (quoting his brother's housekeeper) peculiar:

"When we were on vacation, a cat, a little kitten, would come by, and he'd be giddy, almost giggling with joy," she said." Cats love him; they always go to him straight away. And he loves them back."

He doesn't have a cat, however. Heindl doesn't think he can have one living in the Vatican.

"He was always content to play with the street cats," she said. "I don't know much about Rome, but I know there's no shortage of cats there."

Can't have a cat living at the Vatican? That can't be right. What, they're too short-staffed to police a litter box? Can't have a cat scratching the tapestries?

I don't think I'm going out on any extremist limb here when I say: If the Pope (ANY Pope) wants a cat, get the man a cat!

Heck, get him two. Two are more fun than one and they keep each other company and are therefore less 'needy'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home