Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Boyfriends Embattled Edition

Man, the Post is clueless. (Imagine my surprise!) Their new 'ombudsman' (and I use the term loosely, in fact practically fallaciously), who found no problem with Woodward proving to be a covert Court Historian to the Imperial White House, says my Wash-Post Boyfriend Dan Froomkin's White House Briefing column 'dilutes the Post's credibility'. What credibility?

Froomkin is the only thing that keeps the Post from being Pravda. Dan was pointing out the White House Bubble and its unfortunate results months before the rest of the MSM caught on; now that they're reporting on it at last, is Dan a clear-sighted example to his peers? No, according to the 'ombudsman', he's hopelessly liberal. Say what? It's now liberal to notice the emperor has no clothes, apparently.

If that wasn't enough anxiety, now my TV Boyfriend Anderson Cooper is spending the week in Iraq. Oh, I know - if you love someone, set them free, and I'd never dream of wanting the poor boy penned up in studio settings and GQ suiting when he so clearly yearns to be where the news is, but still. I worry.

And I'm finally going to acknowledge a fait accompli and add Time Magazine's dashing Michael Ware as an Emergency Backup Boyfriend. I can't imagine anyone I'd rather have around in an emergency. He of the attractively broken nose and the slightly-dangerous-roughneck Aussie accent moves from embedded with our troops to infiltrating insurgent strongholds, just to keep us informed of the true state of affairs on the ground outside the Green Zone. Ooh, give me danger, little stranger! He was on 360 last night, and will probably appear every night this week. Check it out - the phemerones are practically visible to the naked eye.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emergency Backup Boyfriend? I love it! Michael Ware is definitely a good choice. I think I'm going to go with David Schuster. His Faux dissing is worth noticing, but he has yet to wow me like Anderson, Keith Olbermann, and David Gregory. Come back safe Anderson!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home