Thursday, January 05, 2006

NSA wiretapping Amanpour???

Americablog's John-in-DC is all over this story; follow link and then see more links in left-hand nav-bar.

NBC's Andrea Mitchell appears to be investigating the story. Girl Power!

What's particularly interesting about this is that when the NSA wiretapping first arose, it was said that to challenge it in court, you would have to have been a victim of wiretapping, and since it was secret, you could be a wiretapping target and never know it. Will NBC's investigation (and I would hope CNN is investigating as well) lead to a number of people who actually know they have been wiretapped through this program? And if so, will they challenge?

I've always had a bit of a straight-girl crush on Amanpour, and I gotta say, she would not be the first person I'd want to piss off, if I needed to piss off someone.

Could become very interesting...

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two points here:

1. I met Mrs. Ace whilst we were both in college - soon after the dinosaurs were rendered extinct. Andrea Mitchell and Mrs. Ace were classmates. Know this: both Andrea Mitchell and Mrs. Ace were top-shelf/A-1/super-desirable women on campus.

2. If I were in charge of selecting 1000 folks in the US on whom I would covertly record the telephone conversations, you can be sure that Christiane Amanpour would be on my list. That's not because I think she's any kind of subversive; it's because I think she probably has contacts who might lead me to identify other folks whose interests might not be fully amicable to the US.

Selecting her for scrutiny would not surprise me.

Selecting her for scrutiny and carrying it out without going to "FISA Court" to get the necessary warrants to do so is incredibly surprising. But then again, it's surprising to me because I have this naive belief that the folks who are in the White House advising the President and his trusted inner circle have IQs that would honestly earn grades of C+ in college. [sigh]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home