Thursday, December 30, 2004

Begging Bowl Redux

I hate to bring this up after the Asian situation, and I hope you've all visited your favorite site to donate something for the relief efforts...

That said, and thanking the two donors who heard my earlier appeal, I need to explain why I'm going to be mindlessly busy, and will probably not be able to post here as often for a while.

I mentioned earlier that I had a 1300 dollar car repair bill. I'm not sure how you're fixed financially, but that wiped me out. $1300 constitutes the BULK of my take-home pay for a month. I've managed to scrounge enough to pay the mortgage this month, and one utility bill, but frankly, that's it.

What I typically do when the ends don't meet in the middle is start hitting all the thriftstores, buying up used books for fifty cents that I think I can sell on eBay for three-five dollars. This is a good way to make up a fifty-buck shortfall, or get some grocery or gas money, but it takes a hell of a lot of 3 buck books to make up a 1300 dollar shortfall. Even so, it's better than nothing.

So I point out again the 'tip jars' to the right of the screen. If you enjoy reading my posts, and have five bucks to spare, please tip the blogger. Each 5-10 dollar donation will be the equivalent of some HOURS of work building eBay listings. (Don't think people make more than minimum wage on eBay - they don't.)

If you don't mind dropping a few bucks but want a little something in return, please check out my giftshops, the WooWoo Room, and the Wonkery. I get a buck or two out each purchase made there; all the items feature Prairie Angel Exclusive Photoshop creations (and even some of my original 'real' art; ie my watercolors and pastels). And yes, you can get the Prairie Angel herself on tees and mugs.

Anyone need any website work done? Will freelance for reasonable rates. My Signature Piece is here: the store's website. If you like that kind of thing, shop my store's online shop here - if you don't like that kind of thing, at least tell your friends who do. This will make a small business prosper to the benefit of all my employees, and perhaps I'll be able to give myself a small raise someday before I'm ninety.

... and now if you'll excuse me, I have listings to build.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home