Monday, October 31, 2005

Told ya

It is as I fearlessly predicted on Oct 7th. The Fundies would rather you get cancer, ladies.

A new vaccine that protects against cervical cancer has set up a clash between health advocates who want to use the shots aggressively to prevent thousands of malignancies and social conservatives who say immunizing teen-agers could encourage sexual activity.
Yeah, every teen girl I've ever known is only kept from a wildly promiscuous sex life by her fears of cervical cancer.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Chloe said...

Even if a woman never has sex before marriage - unless she's sure to marry a virgin man, she's at risk of HPV.

(At my age, unless I was going to get rather pervy, any man I marry will likely not be a virgin. So I myself would be interested in this vaccine, frankly!)

I don't think they can block the use of it entirely for everyone & their children.
My only concern would be that certain groups could could keep poor people from getting this vaccine, not just for their children, but for themselves.

But if they have it, but allow opting out by certain parties who think it against their religion... The people opting out would be the only ones getting HPV.

I could see it now... Average parents warning their daughters, "Stay away from Timmy, his parents are conservative Christians, so he probably has HPV."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home