Friday, September 23, 2005

Weird poll on CNN

CNN currently has one of their 'quickvote' polls on their homepage - question: " Are you concerned at the effect Hurricane Rita could have on gas supplies?"

87 percent say 'yes'.

I want to know who the 13% are. Pre-teens on their parents computers that aren't concerned about anything but how to work up the courage to talk to a real girl? The obnoxious guy in your office that always bikes to work and is ignoring the fact that higher gas prices will raise the price of, well, everything? Commune dwellers who are completely off the grid and don't rely on anyone outside their fences for anything?

Who are these people?

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Antares said...

Well they didn't ask me, but I'm one of those people. Not everyone lives in the 'burbs. I live in the city, don't drive, don't have a car, and actually, no, I'm not worried about gas prices going up. Actually I hope they go up high enough so that consumers in the U.S. pressure the auto industry to produce more fuel-efficient cars. Save money, save the environment.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Arachnae said...

Um... you do grok that higher gas prices will raise the price of everything?

And as a small business owner, I'm concerned that a recession could put me out of business.

Everything's connected, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home