Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Don't hold back, Anderson.

Tell us what you really think.

You may or may not be aware that my TV Boyfriend Anderson Cooper has a monthly column in Details magazine. I only know this because CNN, in their ongoing Exploit Everything Anderson campaign, has been featuring them on their homepage. You can find them on the 360 show's archives.

They're actually quite good reading; Anderson has a very distinctive writing voice, whether he's being funny ('Talking Sex with Mom', 'Confessions of a Jeopardy Champion') or somber ('Covering the Tsunami', 'My Brother's Suicide').

So when people were passing around the current column on the Internets, of course I had to read it.

And I'm forced to wonder - when Details' first serial rights expire, will CNN put up the Unexpurgated Anderson? Anderson, Raw, as it were? Or will they use some five-second delay thing to blip the expletives?

Every night I interview politicians - proper, polite, plastic smiles, paper promises. They thank each other and say what good jobs they've done. It's hard to listen to when you're covered in shit and you know they're full of shit.

...

Many cops feel betrayed by nearly everyone. Their mayor, their chief, the governor, the president. Fucked from above, below and behind. Later we saunter down a dark, empty Bourbon Street, adrift and alone. A Louisiana state trooper stops us and demands our IDs.

"Fuck you!" one of the police officers yells, "You're in my city, telling me I'm violating curfew? Fuck that." We walk on, the trooper drives off, I feel like I'm on the edge of the world.

I do hope CNN lets the Unabridged Anderson shine through. But in case they don't, you have this post to refer back to for what he really meant.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is deep.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever. a real louisiana state trooper would have bitch slapped you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home